Here is a collection of smiles that have appeared on the home page.
Smiles of the Day June 2018
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
--Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark
"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein,"
--Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback &sports analyst.
"Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff,"
Do you feel smarter now?
Smiles of the Day July 2018
Answers from SAT tests given to 16 year olds.
Q: Name the four seasons.
A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.
Q: How is dew formed?
A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.
Q: In a democratic society, how important are elections?
A: Very important. Sex can only happen when a male gets an
Q: What happens to your body as you age?
A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental.
Q: What happens to a boy when he reaches puberty?
A: He says good-bye to his boyhood and looks forward to his
Q: What does the word "benign" mean?
A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight.
Q: What's a Hindu?
A; It lays eggs.
Smile that didn't fit on home page
This is a math test that will automatically reveal your favorite movie of all time. DO NOT cheat. DO YOUR math, THEN compare the results on the list of movies at the bottom. You will be AMAZED at how scary true and accurate this test is:
1. Pick a number from 1-9.
2. Multiply that number by 3.
3. Add 3.
4. Multiply by 3 again.
5. Your total will be a two digit number. Add the first and second digits
together to find your favorite movie (of all time) in the list of 17 movies
1. Gone With the Wind
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Star Wars
5. Forrest Gump
6. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
9. The Donald Trump Resignation Speech
11. Jurassic Park
13. Pirates of the Caribbean
15. Raiders of the Lost Ark
16. Home Alone
17. Mrs. Doubtfire
... Now, isn't that something?
From August 2018
How to tell you're in Florida in the Summer
Worried that everyone is smarter than you?
When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to
the technician, it's open!" To which he replied, "I know - I allready got that
I was at the airport, checking in at the gate when an airport employee
asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" To which I replied "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask."
I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: too many deer were being hit by cars and he didn't want them to cross there anymore.
DO YOU FEEL BETTER NOW?
From October 2018
The Senility Prayer
God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference. Now that I'm 'older', here's what I've discovered:
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...
3. All reports are in; life is now officially unfair.
4. If all is not lost, where is it?
5. It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
6. Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
7. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
8. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
9. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
10. When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play chess?
11. It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.
12. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
13. I've thinking about the hereafter...I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm hereafter.
Video suggested by Sue Dubman - click the arrow to start then click the ENLARGE icon so the video will fill the screen (click EXC to get out). Definitely worth a laugh.